Monday, July 27, 2009

Blogging

It was wonderful to have Zack and Kazzia's mums join us this afternoon to learn about how to post a posting onto the blog. I came up against a glitch, technology eh! I have found what was wrong. The schoolzone provider that filters our internet traffic blocks 'Web ads' through the student logins. I was trying to log in as Zack but couldn't get to sign in because it is attached to what the filter sees as an advertising banner. If I had gone through my own logon I would have been ok. Also the user should be the full email address. A few glitches but we have sorted them. I am hoping the children will have access at school too because I want them to look after the blog.

User: room23children@queenstown.school.nz
You know the password.

It should be all straightforward at home. I am only an email away. We will have another look next Monday if you would like to pop in at 1.30pm to learn about posting onto the blog.

Talking Books!
Some of the children are working on some pretty cool looking Talking Books. We haven't quite got them saved correctly for adding onto the blog. Watch this space!

Ice Skating and Snow Farm
Ice Skating is weeks 4, 5 and 7: Tuesday 11-12noon
Snow Farm week 6: 25th or 27th August
Watch your child's bookbag for a letter coming home soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment